Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A stray bullet kills in my childhood neighborhood.

I live in a part of the Valley that supposedly is a "bad part" of town. I actually grew up in a "good part" of the Valley: Sherman Oaks.



The purple dot (you can click the pic so you can see it better) is where I grew up. The red star is where a guy died last night after being hit by a stray bullet.

A stray bullet. In Sherman Oaks.

Damn.

Again...DAMN.

I can see this happening in my current neighborhood. But Sherman Oaks is unbelievable. To quote a song from my youth:

Walkin' down the street, smoggy-eyed
Looking at the sky, starry-eyed
Searchin' for the place, weary-eyed
Crying in the night, teary-eyed

Don't you know that it's true
That for me and for you
The world is a ghetto


What a way to launch this new version of MsGeek.Org. Sheesh...

No comments: